Started in 1949 and will be celebrating our 65th year compared to DECA, Inc. that will be celebrating their 69th year.
Wyoming DECA has 9 chapters with over 300 members
DECA members participate in competitive events, attend workshops, meet students from across the state, travel to international competition and have fun!
DECA is organized to address the learning styles, interest and focus of its members. The High School Division includes over 200,000 members in 5,000 schools.
DECA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit student organization with members in all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, China, Germany, Guam, Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The United States Congress, the United States Department of Education and state and international departments of education authorize DECA’s programs.
DECA’s Competitive Events Program includes more than 30 occupational areas. Students win recognition, trophies, and scholarships while competing at the local, state and international levels. DECA gives students the challenge of bettering themselves and testing their skills.
DECA provides competitive events that:
- Are appropriate for each instructional level in each of the four career clusters
- Utilize a variety of methods and models to measure knowledge and skills
- May be used to assess and improve classroom instruction
- May be used to document learning
- May be used to document learning for the purpose of advanced placement or other forms of articulation agreements with colleges